AUCI - CIVIL SERVICE
AUCI (within the national coordination of volunteers in the world- FOCSIV) interprets civil service as a concrete experience of international solidarity which aims to stimulate a sense of active citizenship in young volunteers. This is the spirit that we want to remain at the basis of the commitment of those who, subsequently, will work in the sectors of the protection and promotion of children and women, social health, intercultural education, and international cooperation, in Italy and abroad.
AUCI offers young people who decide to do civil service an educational experience and, for personal growth, it is in fact an opportunity to test themselves and to strengthen their technical and professional skills with respect to the project scope and knowledge of the North-South issues.
Through the active projects in Italy, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and strengthening of the activities carried out in the national territory.
By choosing a project abroad in developing countries, young people will be able to engage as operators of international solidarity as part of the ‘White Helmets’ project, which AUCI is a part of, as associated with FOCSIV, together with Pope John XXIII Community Association, Caritas Italiana and Gavci. The ‘White Helmets’ are volunteers involved in areas of social conflict, in processes that promote peace, the overcoming of conditions that generate injustice, and the protection of human rights.
If you would like to take part in this experience, choose whatever is suitable for you from our projects, in Italy or abroad, and send us your application.
For more information on the National Civil Service consult the official website www.politichegiovanili.gov.it For information on how to proceed with the application consult the Guida per la compilazione della Domanda On-Line
- How to take part in 2023
- Completion of the application
- Useful information for the Universal Civil Service Abroad
Here is the list of AUCI projects in Italy and abroad that are looking for volunteers:
- Project I-COLORS: Interculture – Resilient and Sustainable Local Communities – 2022 at the AUCI headquarters (n. 4 volunteers).
- Project PASSEPARTOUT of inclusion of vulnerable people at the A. Gemelli Polyclinic University in Rome (15 volunteers).
1. White Helmets for health rights in Kenya in Karungu (2 volunteers).
2. White Helmets for health rights in Kenya in Tabaka (2 volunteers).
3. Caschi Bianchi per l’educazione e la formazione in at Meru in Kenya (4 volontari).
1. White Helmets for health rights in Mozambique and Madagascar in Mafuiane in Mozambique (2 volunteers).
2. White Helmets for rural development in Burundi and Mozambique in Mamaacha in Mozambique (2 volunteers).
1. White Helmets for health rights in Mozambique and Madagascar in Andavadoka in Madagascar (4 volunteers).
1. White Helmets for health rights in Tanzania in Andavadoka in Dodoma (2 volunteers).
1. White Helmets for the support and inclusion of minors in Lima in Perù (2 volunteers)
CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR ALL OF THE INFORMATION
Deadline: Questions must be sent no later than 14.00 on 10th February 2023.
TIMES AND REQUIREMENTS
On 15th December the 2022 civil service call for the selection of volunteer operators was published on the www.politichegiovanili.gov.it website and is to be read with great attention.
Applications can be submitted before 14.00 on 10th February 2023.
The requirements to participate in the call are as follows:
- Italian citizenship, citizenship in one of the other member states of the European Union, or from a country outside the European Union as long as the candidate is a legal resident in Italy;
- To have completed the eighteenth year of age and not have exceeded the twenty-eighth (28 years and 364 days) on the date of submission of the application;
- To not have been sentenced, even if it is not final, to the penalty of imprisonment of more than one year for an innocent or unintentional crime or to a penalty, even if of a lesser extent, for a crime against the person or concerning the possession, use, port, transport, import or illicit exportation of weapons or explosive materials, or for crimes relating to or belonging to aiding and abetting subversive, terrorist or organized crime groups.
Applications are also open to young people who:
- In the course of 2021, due to the effects of the epidemiological emergency from Covid-19, they cut short their service voluntarily or because the project in which they were engaged was definitively cut short by the institution,
- Cut short the Civil Service at the conclusion of a sanctioning procedure at the expense of the entity that caused the revocation of the project, or due to the closure of the project or place of implementation upon a reasoned request from the entity, on condition that, in all cases, the period of the service provided did not exceed six months;
- Cut short the national or universal Civil Service due to the excess of 10 days of illness, on the condition that the period of service did not exceed 6 months;
- Have already carried out civil service as part of the European experimental project International Volunteering Opportunities for All and as part of the projects for the Civil Peace Corps;
- Have already carried out the “regional civil service”.
Applications are not open to young people who:
- Belong to the military and police forces;
- Have cut short the national or universal Civil Service before the set deadline;
- At the time of the publication of this notice, entertain work relations/collaborations which are paid in any capacity with an entity that owns a project, or has had such relationships lasting more than three months in the 12 months preceding the date of the publication of the notice; paid internships are also included in these cases.
Other additional requirements specified in the individual projects can be added to these requirements (it is essential to read the project sheets carefully).